We’re delighted to offer lovingly made welcome boxes to families on the neonatal unit at James Cook University Hospital.
We know just how overwhelming it can be when parents step on to the neonatal unit, and how suddenly everything is about their baby.
But, we know, they need care too.
Which is why, we’ve devised (with plenty of inspiration from the guys at Spoons charity in Manchester) thoughtful welcome boxes for parents when they arrive on the Unit.
Included in our boxes are:
· Special milestone cards for baby for parents to keep
· Positive affirmation cards for parents
· A reading book to encourage bonding between parents and baby.
· Lip balm
· Hand cream
· Welcome letter from Leo’s
· Journal and pen
· A canteen voucher so parents can get something to eat and drink.
. A photo frame
. A hand and foot print ink kit
. Leo’s onesie
. Two teabags (we all need a good cup of tea!)
. Letter from a previous neonatal parent
These boxes cost just £25 each for us to make, but we know they will make a massive difference to parents on the neonatal unit.