All children and adults linked with Leo’s have the right to be protected from neglect, physical, emotional or sexual abuse. We operate a strict safeguarding policy with our board of trustees and volunteers to ensure that those we care for are cared for properly.
All trustees, volunteers and members of the general public have responsibility for protecting children and vulnerable adults and reporting any concerns or issues to the delegated places.
Leo’s has an up-to-date safeguarding policy; members on our board are fully DBS checked, and have undergone safeguarding training. We have designated safeguarding officers operating within Leo’s. We ensure all volunteers signing on with us have been DBS checked and have also undergone safeguarding training.
This means that our board and volunteers will be able to:
· Recognise all types of abuse
· Know the protocol to report it within Leo’s and to the recognised safeguarding teams within Local Authorities
· Know who the safeguarding officers are
· Understand how to record concerns
This means that children and vulnerable adults will:
· Be listened to and supported
· Be involved in decisions which affect them or their family
· Be treated with full respect
· Be involved in the reporting process
· Have their privacy respected and be treat with respect at all times
Ensuring wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults is paramount to us here at Leo’s.